Tuesday 25 March 2008

Day 114

I hope everyone enjoyed the Easter holidays. What did I get up to? Well, apart from a 30 minute muddy run on grass, in the middle of hail storms on Saturday, I pretty much opted for more of the same on Sunday. Not one to let the weather get the better of me, I got out there in the cold of Sunday morning for my 20 mile run - the longest yet (until race day). It started out pleasant enough; a nice smattering of snow on the grass, ice on the pavements - so I kept to the roads. However, about 20 minutes in, it started snowing. Lightly at first, and then heavily. Later this turned to hail and finally to sleet, so I pretty much had the whole spectrum over the course of my 2hr 55min run.

What did appear to work though were two things - Firstly I ran for 50 mins and then walked for 2 mins in order to spread out the workload. This provided a loop of just over 6 miles, so that by the 3rd time of pausing, I knew I only had a mile and a half left to grind out. Secondly, I bought some Sorbothane insoles for my trainers during the week, and for the first time after a significantly long run my feet weren't sore and I didn't get any onset of cramps.

Bring on the Marathon!

Chris P

(sponsor me here)

No comments: