Saturday 29 March 2008

Day 118

This week's the start of tapering the training down before the marathon. It feels strange not having any big runs scheduled for the weekend. Don't get me wrong, I'm still running 10 miles tomorrow, and compared with 6 months ago, that's a good size run. However, I've been reading a book this week called 'Ultra Marathon Man' by Dean Karnazes, which I was given by my brother and his wife for my birthday. Now this guy talks about his childhood and how he used to run for the cross country team, until one day he gave it up. Then later on in life he picked it up again and is now running races which vary in length from a marathon to 125 miles!! It's quite inspiring stuff and makes me want to get out and train harder, right at the point in my schedule when I'm meant to be easing off. I think I'd better finish the book after the race is done!

On with the training...

Chris P

(sponsor me here)

No comments: