Tuesday 1 April 2008

Day 121

Less than 2 weeks!

The big day is fast approaching, and every now and then I get a little nervous flutter thinking about it. I think that the best plan on the actual day is to try and relax as much as possible. Sit down for as long as I can and remain calm - I'll need all the energy I can get for the race!

Sunday's run was a 10 mile race, so I thought I'd try and keep the pace up for the whole distance. I finished in 1:16:20, so nicely under the 8 minute mile mark. Again, I don't think it's realistic to expect this from the marathon itself, but running harder will definitely aid in preparation.

Tonight was a brisk 6 miles - 44:39. I felt as though I could have pushed harder at points, but there's no point in trying to kill myself at this stage and getting an injury with so little time left. This week has the last of the speed work sessions in, so I'll make the most of them, as next week is full of short slow runs. And then one big one!

Back tomorrow,

Chris P

(sponsor me here)

No comments: