Saturday 12 April 2008

Day 132 - 24 hours to go!

It's official. In less than 24 hours the London Marathon 2008 will have started and I'll be making my way from the top of Greenwich Park towards Woolwich.

You can view an interactive map of the route here: http://www.rwpromo.co.uk/flm_map2008.html

This week has been full of short 5 mile or 20 minute jogs. I've just got back in from a 15 minute jog this morning - slightly diminutive when compared to the 26.2 miles ahead of me tomorrow! I'm looking forward to the run, especially the finish line(!), but talking to past runners, it's vital not to get carried away with the atmosphere and start too quickly. All I have to do is keep to the same schedule as training and I'll finish in under 4 hours. The main goal is still to just complete it. I don't think anyone who has been kind enough to sponsor me will mind what time I finish it in.

Look out for number 46825 (that's me!), with my bright green Macmillan running vest on, and CHRIS P written across the top.

So it's with a bag packed full of nutritional goodies for before, during and after, as well as a few nerves, that I set off out of the door...

Wish me luck!

Chris P

(sponsor me here)

No comments: