Sunday 6 April 2008

Day 126 - 1 week to go!


Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work hard at it.
Dedication's what you need - if you want to be a record breaker!

As you can see from the picture, I was out putting in my 10 mile run this morning despite the heavy snowfall. I'd put off starting my run until after having watched Match Of The Day, so that I could see Newcastle put 3 past Reading (got to make the most of our good run!). By 8:30 the snow had been falling for 30 minutes and the ground was getting covered. It seemed that I was the first brave soul to be out in the blizzard, with only my footprints breaking up the white carpet that had been laid on the roads and pavements. Only on the main roads was there any sign of life or traffic. Looking out of the window now, having showered and warmed up, the scene looks beautiful. More winter than spring though! (I thought this was April?) As it was quite slippery on the run, I decided to take things fairly easily - I didn't want to be picking up an injury with only a week to go until the marathon. This was bourne out in my finishing time of 1:27:55 for the 10 miles, so just a couple of minutes under 9 minute mile pace - not too bad really. Even if I kept to that pace next Sunday I'd still finish in under 4 hours.

Here's to keeping warm for the rest of the day. Plenty of time to think about final preparations for next weekend!

Chris P

(sponsor me here)

No comments: