Friday 1 February 2008

Day 61

I've been slightly off-schedule this week, and yesterday was all down to a funny man with big collars!
I went with friends to see a recording of Harry Hill's TV Burps - absolutely hilarious, but it did mean that I didn't have time to fit in a run. However, as today was meant to be a rest day, I just swapped the two around, so today I've been for a steady 5 miles.

Yesterday did prove quite useful in fact, as I stumbled across a dedicated running shop. Due to my knee issues I decided to get properly fitted for shoes, just to make sure it wasn't my footwear that was responsible for my aches. I have to say they did know their stuff, so I walked out with a new pair of trainers which suit my feet and running style perfectly. The interesting thing was, the shoes I was recommended are the '08 version of my current trainers - so it looks like they weren't the cause after all. Still, at least now I have two pairs of good running shoes I can alternate between :-)

Another rest day tomorrow before Sunday's 15 miler.

See you then

Chris P

(sponsor me here)

No comments: