Thursday 7 February 2008

Day 67

So today was just a steady 6 miles. Strange really as it felt a little easier than Tuesday's run, yet the times were exactly the same. I guess my pace is getting pretty consistent, which is promising. This weekend is going to be busy! I've got golf and a 5 mile run to fit in on Saturday, and then the same again Sunday, except with a 12 mile run. I think I'm going to enjoy my day off from running tomorrow.

Mum update: My Uncle called today to say he's coming over from Australia to see her next week. She's obviously happy yet sad at the same time as she thinks it's kind of signalling the end. He was due to come over in June but has brought it forward considering the situation. We're all keeping positive, but there are some emotional moments at times. I'm keeping my fingers crossed she'll see me make it over the finish line (and hopefully for a lot longer).

Total sponsorship has reached about £500, so a big thanks to all of you who've pledged money so far. Most of this I've collected offline so it's not reflected in my total on my justgiving page. That leaves £1400 to go for my minimum target, so there's still time to make your generosity count.

Chris P

(sponsor me here)

No comments: