Sunday 10 February 2008

Days 69 & 70

Hi folks,

So Friday was a day off on my running schedule, so I went to the gym instead and worked out and swam.

Saturday was just a 5 mile steady run, but for some reason I ended up putting in a time of 37 mins. I wasn't really trying to run hard, but I guess I must have inadvertantly done so. I played golf afterwards as well, which in hindsight might not have been the best move, as I think I've twisted a muscle on the right side of my lower right leg. It was a bit sore walking around the back end of the course.

Thankfully my leg didn't give me too much grief on my run this morning, although I could feel it twinging slightly. Today was a 12 mile run, and I put in my quickest time so far for this distance of 1:30:39. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not that I'm running quickly at the moment. It's still 3 weeks until my next farthest distance of 18 miles, so I think as long as I take that steady I should be ok.

Another rest day tomorrow, so I'll be heading down the gym again. Depending on how my leg feels, I might end up laying off of the squats.

See you back here Tuesday.

Chris P

(sponsor me here)

No comments: