Wednesday 27 February 2008

Day 87

Firstly, apologies for being away for so long. It's been a very busy week with one thing and another, and to be honest I just haven't had the energy to keep everything updated.

Ok, so let's start with the important stuff first. Unfortunately Mum isn't doing so well. She went into the Hospice on Saturday night and has been into hospital and back to the Hospice again. The doctors feel that there isn't a lot of point in doing any further operations, so from here on in it's about controlling the pain levels. When I first set out to run the marathon back in November, I had visions of my Mum cheering me over the finish line, being proud of me for raising money for such a worth cause. It's now looking very likely that she'll still be there watching me finish, it's just that I'll be the only one able to see her.

So after 13 days off from running (!) due to my injury, I'm now back out and unleashing my vengeance on the pavements. Yesterday was a 6mile run to ease myself back into it. Happily the swimming I've been doing recently seems to have paid off as my time hasn't really suffered. It did feel like more of an effort though, so my legs are going to have to get used to it again. They haven't got long either as I've got my longest run of 18 miles scheduled in for this weekend. Still, the sprint training work tonight should have helped somewhat. So fingers crossed I can stay injury free from here on in until the big day.

If you've already sponsored me, thank you so much. If you're waiting until closer to the event - don't hang around! Sponsor me now so that I can achieve my target and make Mum proud.

Chris P

(sponsor me here)

No comments: